Earn your Hemodialysis Certification Online!
Hemodialysis Nurses are in great demand and report a high level of job satisfaction. Experienced dialysis nurses often pursue voluntary certification as a Certified Nephrology Nurse. End-Stage renal disease affects more than 500,000 Americans and the majority of these patients receive dialysis therapy. The numbers of patients needing dialysis treatment increase daily, therefore more highly trained nurses are needed to provide quality care. Certification in nephrology nursing recognizes an individual’s expertise in the specialty and demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience.
Our Hemodialysis Online Accredited Program is designed to prepare nurses with the necessary medical knowledge needed to work in this dialysis field. The certification course will provide you with a foundation in kidney physiology, nephrological disease, principles of dialysis, and skills necessary to give safe and effective care to the individual undergoing hemodialysis treatment. RN’s, LPN’s, & LVN’s must be certified and acquire work experience in nephrology nursing to qualify for the CDN, CD-LPN, & CD-LVN certification exam.
- Identify components of the kidney and their functions. (nephron, glomerulus, tubules).
- Discuss the differences between Acute and Chronic renal failure.
- Describe treatment options for End Stage Renal Disease.
- Discuss principles of hemodialysis, diffusion, osmosis, filtration, ultrafiltration, sequential ultrafiltration.
- Discuss the nutritional needs, advantages and disadvantages, for the renal patient along with lab values including adequacy of dialysis (URR and KT/’V).
- Identify different types of accesses and access complications along with management and care.
- Identify complications and emergencies associated with dialysis treatment and Proper patient care documentation.
- Discuss various medications used in hemodialysis.
- Discuss infection control
- Explain the purpose of water treatment and identify the components of the water treatment systems as it relates to the hemodialysis facility.
A certificate of completion is awarded to students who successfully complete the course.
Online Access : 60 days
Fee : $649.00
Flexible payment plans and financing available.
Are you ready to begin an education in hemodialysis with Online Learning?
Click here to enroll and start learning today.